Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Development Director, School Engagement in our Eastern Region. The position is Home Office based located in the Silver Springs, Maryland or surrounding area. Territory covers 5 Maryland counties including: Montgomery, Prince George's, St. Mary's, Charles and Calvert counties. You will work directly with schools in these 5 counties. Under the direction of the Vice President, Youth Market and the Senior Vice President, Youth Market Director, this position is responsible for applying validated sales techniques to acquire new accounts and renew and grow existing accounts related to school fundraising and development. This is done to achieve revenue generation and program goals.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for recruitment and cultivation of school volunteers in assigned territory for youth market partnership with the American Heart Association. Supports in developing and working plan with revenue and volunteer recruitment goals, including securing sponsorships and donations.
- Responsible for the account management and American Heart Association cause promotion in schools that are existing accounts and potential accounts within the K-12 market. Implementing life-saving initiatives; including Kids Heart Challenge and American Heart Challenge programs.
- Recruit, train and develop volunteers at multiple levels throughout the schools assigned.
- Establish and maintain superior customer service relations with appropriate contacts within your market area.
- Attend all meetings and trainings mandated or approved by Vice President, Youth Market.
- Performs summer cultivation with school administrators at both the school and district level.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds with the expectation that items in excess of 20 pounds would be broken down into smaller components or additional assistance is required before lifting and/or moving.
- Ability to do daily travel up to 75%. Includes ability and willingness to accomplish high levels of travel within assigned territory.
- This includes typically visiting 5-10 schools each day.
- Access to reliable transportation and ability to maintain valid drivers license and auto insurance.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelors or a combination of some college, plus experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity.
- Must possess excellent marketing, communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to analyze and forecast sales and other numerical data.
- Skill in written and oral communications, consultation, and comprehensive planning.
- Ability to recruit, train and counsel volunteers to achieve goals and objectives.
- Basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office, including presentations and spreadsheets.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal skills that lead to positive relationships
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Must be hard-working with a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to collaborate well with others
Attracting dedicated, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
Compensation & Benefits:
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. Thats why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Associations national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
- Tuition Assistance - We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Associations 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities