Are you someone who loves solving problems? Do you believe music brings people together? If you do, and you want to contribute to an organization whose purpose is to fill the world with music and develop generations of new musicians, then we have a position whereyou can make a difference.
The School Music Account Specialist provides instrument knowledge and expertise to assist customers in identifying the right musical product and/or service to meet their needs and find their perfect sound! Music educators, program directors, parents, beginning students, budding artists and professional musicians across the United States rely on the expertise of our Woodwind Brasswind Music Sales Associates every day.
Essential Functions (not all inclusive):
- Promote, recommend, and sell musical products and services utilizing consultative selling techniques to maximize customer satisfaction and results
- Support our Customer First culture through exceptional service
- Manage both inbound and outbound calls resolving customer needs in an effective and professional manner
- Demonstrate best practices in sales tactics and quality of call to provide a great experience for the customer and prevent issues during order fulfillment
- Maintain appropriate customer documentation within necessary systems of record
- Manage bid/quote process from creation through closure
- Stay informed of current competitive offers and product technologies in order to position company products/services in a confident manner Effective listening skills required.
- Effective verbal communication skills, including diction, grammar and tone.
- Demonstrated ability to ask probing questions and correctly identify customer needs.
- Proven ability in objection handling techniques.
- Self-motivator, upbeat and with a high energy level.
- Strong customer focus, team player and strong work ethics.
- Ability to navigate through multiple systems and resolve complex multichannel issues.
- Ability to adhere to quality standards, meeting sales and performance goals set by management.
- Meeting/exceeding all performance expectations including products sales, add-on sales, call handling metrics, and quality standards.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills
- Previous experience selling musical instruments, accessories, print and other music related technologies or services
- Exceptional service skills in verbal and written communication skills, specifically phone service and sales skills
- 2+ years' music school, instrument sales or related musical instrument experience (music educator, Band & Orchestra, etc.)
- Prior sales experience with both B2B and B2C organizations
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Music & Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1 818-###-#### ext. 2862 or by sending an email to ...@guitarcenter.com.